Fitness challenge workouts are widespread and common in today’s fitness world. With people having an increased desire not only for physical fitness, but for improved health of their bodies, more time and effort is being spent towards those goals. However, with the seemingly endless increased time demands of family and work, the time demand of exercise gets squeezed. Fitness challenge workouts attempt to burn as many calories as possible into as little time as possible and yet also satisfy the need of exercising many different muscle groups.
[Read more…] about Weight Loss with a Challenge!
Is oatmeal the magic ingredient to gain muscle mass? What is special about oatmeal that makes a difference and aids the body in improving muscle size and strength? Or is there misplaced emphasis and hype surrounding this food source? To understand how muscle grows, one must know some basics about nutrition. Calories are a measure of energy and while much emphasis is placed on people consuming too many and thus developing excess fat deposits, calories are the fuel for all of the cells of the body. There are only three nutrients that contribute calories to the body, carbohydrates, fats, and proteins.
[Read more…] about Does Oatmeal Strengthen the Muscles?
Core strength is important for everyone because:
1. The muscles of the mid-body support the weight of the body when standing
2. It helps to minimize pain often felt in one area due to weakness of muscles in another area
Lower back pain if often felt because of weakness in either the:
1. Abdominal muscles
2. Lower back muscles
[Read more…] about Core Toning & Improving Digestion
Women often shy away from lifting weights including weight machines for several reasons including:
1. Being built too much like a man: This is physiologically not going to happen. Three factors are necessary to build muscle:
A. High-quality dietary protein in fairly large amounts
B. Correct resistance training
C. Testosterone and lots of it. While women typically have a testosterone level of around 80 mg/dl of blood, necessary in order to rebuild muscle tissue, a man will produce ten times that amount. That is the reason behind the larger frame and muscle mass of men, women couldn’t be built like a man even if that is their choice.
2. Not realizing the necessity of weightlifting or resistance training
3. Being unaware of how to do it correctly
[Read more…] about Weight Training for Women
When you are focused on building muscle tissue three factors must be present:
1. Correctly performed resistance training which requires the appropriate speed of the repetition, correct technique while performing the exercise, and, of course, the correct amount of resistance to use
2. Testosterone which is naturally occurring in both women and men
3. High-quality protein
Whey protein is a type of protein that is found in milk that is of high quality. The term high quality or complete protein means that:
[Read more…] about Whey Protein & Muscle Building