You don’t really have to give up on your favorite dishes if you are on a KETO DIET. You just need to make a few good changes. Small alterations in the recipes and a few alternate ingredients would still let you enjoy your all time favorites. Like I love Chicken Thai Noodles and have been very loyal to this dish as long as I can remember. I am sure you would have your specific favorite dishes too. So since the time I have been on this KETO DIET, I have given this dish a new improved KETO WAY. In spite of using the regular noodles, I add ZOODLES (zucchini noodles) to the dish. It gets so much more nutritious this way. You get a wholesome amount of protein from the chicken. Zucchini is a very good source of dietary fiber, protein, vitamin A, C and B6 and a lot more. Make it during this weekend and surprise everyone at home.
1/2 tsp Curry Powder
3.5 oz Chicken Thigh
1 tbsp Unsalted Butter
1 tbsp coconut oil
1 stalk Spring Onion
1 clove Garlic
1 large Egg
1.4 oz Bean Sprouts
3.5 oz Zucchini
1 tsp Soy Sauce
1/2 tsp oyster sauce
1/8 tsp White Pepper
1 tsp Lime Juice
Red chilies, chopped
Salt & pepper, to taste
1. Season the Chicken with 1/2 tsp Curry Powder and a pinch of Salt and Pepper. Keep aside for a while.
2. Prepare the sauce by combining 1 tsp Soy Sauce, 1/2 tsp. Oyster Sauce, and 1/8 tsp. White Pepper.
3. Finely chop Spring Onion and Garlic and make Zoodles out of Zucchini. Use a Spiralizer to make the zoodles.
4. Fry the seasoned Chicken with 1 tbsp Unsalted Butter until brown. When done, slice to bite-sized pieces.
5. In the same pan, melt 1 tbsp Coconut Oil on high heat. Saute chopped Spring Onion until fragrant.
6. Add chopped Garlic and again saute until fragrant.
7. Crack an Egg into the pan and make a scrambled egg. Saute until slightly brown.
8. Add in bean sprouts and zoodles. Mix everything well together.
9. Add in the fried chicken pieces and stir.
10. Garnish with a few chopped Red Chilies and squeeze some Lime Juice on top. Serve while hot!
Yields 1 serve
Nutritional value per serve: Calories 578Kcal, Fat 48g, Carbs 6.5g, Protein 25.5g