Don’t you ever get that desperate urge to have a mouthful of something extremely chocolatey? And what’s better than a healthy chunky granola jar right by your side, which is not just yummy but also extremely nutritious. The interesting add on of buckwheat in this recipe makes it an amazing choice for that pre or post workout snack too. Buckwheat has high protein, magnesium along with essential amino acids. Hence today’s recipe of “Chocolate Buckwheat Granola” is a sure shot winner. Make a good huge jar of it because you won’t be able to resist the flavours.
3 cups rolled oats
1 cup buckwheat
1 ½ cups coconut flakes
1 cup hazelnuts (walnuts are also delicious)
¼ cup chia seeds
½ tsp fine grain sea salt
¼ cup coconut sugar
1/3 cup honey or maple syrup
1/3 cup coconut oil
1 tsp vanilla extract
½ cup cocoa powder
1. Preheat oven to 350°F / 175°C.
2. In a large bowl combine oats, buckwheat, coconut flakes, chia seeds and coconut sugar. Roughly chop nuts and add them to the mix.
3. In a small saucepan over low-medium heat, melt coconut oil. Add honey or maple syrup, vanilla, salt and cocoa powder. Whisk to combine until smooth.
4. Pour liquid ingredients over dry and fold coat.
5. Spread mixture out in an even layer on a lined baking sheet and press firmly with the back of a spatula to ensure that the mixture is compact. Bake for 15-20 minutes. Remove from oven, flip granola in large chunks, and place back in oven to bake for another 10 minutes, stirring every 3-4 minutes until toasted and fragrant.
Yields 8 cups
Nutritional value per serve: Calories 280Kcal, Fat 14g, Carbs 30g, Protein 7.5g
Checkout more than 500 healthy recipes in Mevo app now.