It’s weekend and you are craving for something delicious but are confused as it might disturb your weight loss goals. We have got a perfect solution for this problem. How about we tell you that you can enjoy risotto today and still remain guilt free? We bet our today’s dish will be loved by all – you, your family & friends too. We have got this amazing Beetroot Risotto Served with Crumbled Goat Cheese & Crunchy Walnuts. Beets give this best taste, dish stunning colour and delicate sweetness. Try out the healthy recipe and have a happy weekend!
450g can of beetroot/shredded fresh beetroot
1L Veg Stock (600ml vegetable liquid stock + 400mlWater)
50g unsalted butter
1 onion finally chopped
2 crushed garlic cloves
250g Arborio rice
2 tsp fresh thyme leaves
75g chopped walnuts
125g goat’s cheese
Salad leaves to serve
1. Melt the butter over medium heat. Add onion and garlic and cook until softened.
2. Add the rice and thyme and stir to coat the rice grains in the butter.
3. Add the stock mixture to the rice, stirring continuously. Continue to cook until the rice is cooked but slightly al dente.
4. Add the diced/shredded beetroot along with walnuts. Cook until rice is done and beetroot is mixed well.
5. To serve, crumble the goat’s cheese over the beetroot risotto, sprinkle the remaining walnuts and garnish with salad leaves before serving.
Nutrition per 1 bowl of serving Calories 379Kcal, Fat 10.8g, Carbs 60g
Checkout more than 500 healthy recipes in Mevo app now.